There is still time to register at the discounted rate for FarmSmart Expo 2019 – July 11th, Elora Research Station
Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA) field crop unit staff and the University of Guelph’s research staff will be providing leading-edge, hands-on diagnostics sessions at the Elora Research Station, 6182 2nd Line E, Ariss.
Join us for this year’s timely and engaging sessions including:
1. Avoiding Tank Mix Errors- Jason Deveau and Mike Cowbrough, OMAFRA
2. Managing Overwintering Cover Crop Rye in Soybean Production Systems – Jake Munroe and Sebastian Belliard, OMAFRA
3. Tire Inflation Tips and Tricks – Alex Barrie, OMAFRA and Brent Sisson, Treadright
4. Early Season Soybean Decisions for a Late Season- Horst Bohner, OMAFRA
5. Drainage Decisions – Peter Johnson, Real Agriculture and Kevin McKague, OMAFRA
6a. Alternative Forage Options in A Tough Year!- Christine O’Reilly, OMAFRA and Donna Hancock, UG
6b. Cover Crop Roots – Digging A Bit Deeper Managing Unseeded Acers for Future Production – Anne Verhallen, OMAFRA and Doug Young, UG
7. Strip Till Fertility Management 3000 – Ben Rosser, OMAFRA
8. Evaluation of In-Field, In-Season Sensors And Application To Ontario Fields – Zack Harmer, SoilOptix and Chuck Baresich, Haggerty Creek
Registration fee is $100 for OSCIA members, $135 for non-members includes a one-year membership in your local soil and crop improvement association, and students are $50. Deadline for discounted rate is July 8th. After July 8th registration rate is $135 (no membership benefits).
Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) Continuing Education Credits have been applied for.