Membership in your local Soil and Crop Improvement Associations is one of the most cost-effective, best-bang-for-you-buck investments you can make in your farm operation. Why not join today?
Click the links below for more information.
- Quarterly issues of the goldenhorseshoe newsletter highlighting local events and production issues
- Copies of each OSCIA News and CropTalk included as part of your newsletter
- Opportunity to participate in on-farm demonstrations and tours
- Access to exclusive member-only opportunities and resources (Click here, then select “Members Only”, “Regional Pages” “Golden Horseshoe”)
- Learn from from workshops, twilight tours, production days and annual meetings
- Receive discounts at selected farm conferences and shows, including FarmSmart and the SouthWest Ag Conference
- Chance to share and test new ideas
- Chance to participate in local and regional projects
- Opportunity to participate in local yield and Forage Masters competitions
- Chance to participate in farm project demonstrations
- Opportunity to influence and direct agriculture policy and research
The Ontario Soil and Crop Improvement Association (OSCIA) has producer representation on 10 Ontario research committees addressing crop, soil and pest management issues and they are a member of eight (8) Standing Committees including:
- Farm and Food Care Ontario
- Ontario Agri-Food Technologies
- Soil Conservation Council of Canada
- Ontario Agri-Food Education
If you are involved in agriculture and are interested in learning about agricultural management practices, we invite you to join your local Soil and Crop Improvement Association.